Friday, February 15, 2008

Auto Repair - Mechanics...*Sigh*

The world of auto repair never really struck a bone with me, had too many garage bills that seem extortionate and well over priced. But In the end I put my experiences with Auto Repair down to a learning curve. I seriously reckon if you get 1 decent garage out of all the Auto Repair Shops that you effectively have your motoring sorted for life.

This one I found (see previous linkage) based in texas, actually has a webcam rigged up so you can see every bit of auto repair work being done to your motor, from the mechanic changing the wheel to a whole engine rebuild - pretty cool use of technology and investment in good morals. Although it does make you think they must be pretty damn trustworthy!

Another thing they do which I havent seen done elsewhere is deal with Auto Repair Coupons, that is give out coupons that can be redeemed against auto repairs with other purchases, charity donations, as well as the traditional use of discount coupons etc.

All in All a pretty impressive leap forward, while I maintain that finding a good mechanic may take you a few years, but when you have one - stick with them!

No comments: